August is here, and while summer heat waves may still be going strong, the new month brings in a new season for many freshly sharpened pencils and binders filled with linedpaper,or a shiny new tablet or laptop.
It may lack the glamor and glitz of the winter holidays or the romance of Valentine’s Day, but back-to-school season is no slouch. According to the National Retail Federation’s 2017 annual report, back-to-school and back-to-college spending are set to reach a record high of $83.6 billion this year, more than a 10 percent increase from 2016.
So how can your business be the teacher’s pet and rise to the front of the class? Capture customers’ attention and business with subject lines that make the grade. Whether you’re promoting a sale, offering a promotion, sending a reminder or simply wishing students the best for the new academic year, keep it short, keep it smart and don’t forget to proofread!
Take notes on 15 of our favorite subject lines to give you inspiration for the season ahead.
- Prime Now: $10 off your first order for Back to School | Amazon
- Healthy Back-to-School | Sutter Health
- Give BACKPACK with AEO X STATE and Teach for America | American Eagle Outfitters
- Back to School Buddy Style10 subject lines to celebrate Memorial Day
- 50 summer subject lines + 3 tips for sunny copywriting
- Announcing the Subject Line Slam Dunk contest
- The Favorite Four: Subject Line Slam Dunk Semifinals